About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 5,000 staff across 50 offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However, your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast growing platform to allow you to thrive.
We are currently looking for a qualified Applications Support Specialist (m/f/d) to support our IT department in Luxembourg. If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role.
- Structured and consistent reporting of all applicable topics to the line manager
- Have good understanding of application landscape of financial institution
- Managing the applications implementations and upgrades
- Ensuring that applications comply with the company’s security policies
- Monitoring the daily scheduled jobs and trouble shooting all incidents
- Closely collaborating with development team in order to jointly achieve required deliverables
- Supporting of and contributing to the different project phases also including assisting in the various testing phases
- Communicating and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders on applications support related matters
- Communicating with the Project Management team to ensure that schedules and set milestones are achieved
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or several years of relevant practical experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of report engines (SSRS, Cystal report)
- Profound knowledge of the following domains:
- Scripting (CMD, Powershell, SQL)
- Database knowledge (SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL)
- Reporting Services (Visual Studio), Abacus
- Major Market data Provider, Telekurs, Bloomberg
- Application Administration (X-Gen, CONTROL-M, Abacus, PM1, FERNBACH, SMARAGD, SAP B1, SWIFT, IBSY, LineData, PureFund, …)
- Decision-making skills as well as a structured way of working
- Good understanding of financial application process and workflow
- Structured approach with regards to documentation and administration
- Ability to work with priorities, be flexible and highly accurate
- Knowledge of the processes within a financial institution is advantageous
- Ability work successfully both autonomously and within a team
- Excellent communication skills in English – both verbally and written; French, German and any other European language is advantageous
- A high level of visibility within a large organisation on an upwards trajectory
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team that makes a genuine impact on revenue and sales pipeline
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, agile and global IT team
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about us, please have a look at www.europeandepositarybank.com. Please also have a look at www.lri-invest.lu for further information about the other companies being part of this group here in Luxembourg.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is , subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR page.
Posting date: 10/10/2022
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.