Focus: Fund Accounting / Transfer Agency
Department: Central Administration Oversight
Technical Knowledge/ Technical Capabilities:
- Perform key controls on the NAV production process via reviews of KPI (Key Point Indicator) data provided by the Fund Administrator and extracted from appropriate sources, investigating potential risks where identified
- Ensuring supporting procedures are accurate and kept up to date
- Anticipate potential risk and impact on financial statements and the net asset value calculation, escalate issues and contribute to resolution of problems
- Report to management on operational risk assessment
- Review policies and procedures set in place by the delegates covering the NAV valuation process with reference to legal, regulatory and market practice
- Develop, adapt and improve appropriate risk-based control regime for each assigned service provider and client Fund by analysing internal and external data – i.e. control and auditing reports
- Follow-up with clients and service providers regarding any issues raised until resolution
- Maintain regular service calls with clients and service providers
- Assist in developing measures to restructure and align Management Company services to meet future client, regulatory and business needs
- Keeping up to date with new regulations. Supporting in interpretation of new regulations on how the fund/investors will be affected
- Achieve high quality in all services provided to clients
Experience: The desirable candidate will have 2 – 5 years Financial Services experience
Essential / Desirable
- Experience in Transfer Agency / Fund Accounting environment.
- Strong academic background including in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- Knowledge of European Regulator Investment Products, UCITS, AIFMD and Fund regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to multi-task, highly motivated, driven and focused
- Highly motivated, driven and focused
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.