Reporting lines: Head of Company Secretariat
Employment Type: Permanent
Throgmorton is looking for a Company Secretarial Assistant Consultant to join its Company Secretarial Team in London.
Reporting into the Head of Company Secretariat, the successful candidate will be expected to work proactively, independently when required, and as part of the Throgmorton and wider Corporate Solutions and Apex team.
As a Company Secretarial Assistant Consultant in our London office you will work as part of a team providing a broad spectrum of company secretarial services covering board facing responsibilities, statutory and regulatory compliance, governance and best practice advice to our clients.
You will be expected to competently carry out duties in a professional manner and in accordance with regulatory requirements, service levels and company standards so as to meet with business expectations, with the support of other members of the team, when required.
The company secretarial team has over 600 companies in its portfolio and consists of ten people across offices in London and Budapest. We support both domestic and international clients with different aspects of their company secretarial and governance needs.
- Team performance & development: take ownership for own performance and skill development. Where relevant, assist with mentoring/guidance of less experienced colleagues, providing input/feedback into appraisals where required.
- Managing change: actively participate in change, carry out any assigned tasks within the given time frame. Be aware how own activity supports and contributes to a process of change management, advise/plan accordingly.
- Leadership: understand and contribute to achieving the company vision. Look for opportunities to lead within the team and work collaboratively within the cosec team as well as the wider team.
- Technical knowledge: autonomously identify and develop technical knowledge relevant to your role. Share knowledge gained.
- Business knowledge: good knowledge required on key issues in own business area as well as basic knowledge of other company propositions.
- Chargeable hours: autonomously maintain accurate reports of time spent on billing modules. Ensure that all time charged is justified and is in line with internal policies/procedures.
- Relationship management: build effective relationships within the team, identify and engage with key individuals/contacts within wider team. When client facing, build relationships with intermediaries, third parties and identify key client contacts so as to be seen as the first point of contact.
- Sales: identify and develop sell-on/cross -sell opportunities with clients and support senior colleagues to deliver new name sales.
- Data integrity/reporting: take responsibility for quality and accuracy of own data.
- Mandatory training: complete all mandatory training as per the training calendar.
- Policies and procedures: autonomously and proactively ensure knowledge of and compliance with company policies and procedures and keep up to date with amendments.
- Risk: ensure that all weaknesses/incidents identified in relation to service delivery/internal processes are reported to the Head of company Secretariat, recorded and appropriate actions are implemented.
- Legal & regulatory: achieve and maintain an understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Verbal communication & presentation: present ideas effectively, using appropriate language and tone. May present 1:1, in small or large groups.
- Written communication: autonomously produce consistent, high quality work. For external clients, where required, use approved procedures and complete in accordance with SLA's.
To be considered, you should have a good working knowledge of UK company law, regulation and best practice. You will ideally have board facing experience or worked in a professional services environment.
To be successful in our team, you will need the ability to:
- Work in a fast-paced setting and balance conflicting deadlines
- Integrate into a dynamic team and work in a collaborative manner
- Think commercially and want to contribute to a growing business
This role would suit someone who is looking for a diverse remit and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally within their company secretarial career.
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding global business and to grow with the business.
- Training environment which is second to none. We will be happy to support you in training and qualifying as a Company Secretary.
- Exposure to the interactions between accounts, tax, payroll and company secretariat
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to practical scenarios
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: email@example.com
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.