Department: Company Secretarial
Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
A highly motivated individual with the ability to perform a variety of tasks and carry out the Company Secretarial duties for UK client portfolio. As a Corporate Officer in our Budapest office, you will work as part of a team providing a broad spectrum of company secretarial services covering board meeting responsibilities, statutory compliance, governance and best practice advice to clients and client managers.
The successful candidate will report into the Assistant Manager in Hungary, and will be expected to work proactively, independently when required, and as part of the UK team and the wider Apex team.
- To proactively spot governance issues before they arise
- To manage relevant relationships with team members and senior management
- To build positive relationships and add real value to the teams and entities from a governance perspective
- To build your knowledge of UK Company Law
- To participate in training events, self-driven research and day to day exposure to company secretarial workflows
- To adhere to processes, procedures, and working practices
- To work within a dynamic team, focusing on delivering excellent service to clients
- Drafting board minutes and resolutions to support corporate transactions (e.g., director changes, share capital changes, approval of financial statements)
- Preparation of statutory forms for filing with the UK Registrar (Companies House)
- Ensuring all filings are made in a timely and accurate manner, in order to comply with the legal requirements
- Monitoring corporate calendars with regards to upcoming meetings and regulatory filings
- Organising and attending board and local committee meetings and producing minutes within agreed timeline
- Maintaining and updating of company statutory registers
- Updating and maintaining internal databases, trackers and other tools to monitor work performed
- Advising senior team members on corporate governance/company secretarial matters on a regular basis
- Supporting the Management team by managing, mitigating and monitoring corporate governance risks
- Dealing with any other responsibility reasonably assigned by the supervisor
- Dealing with queries and requests, on a day-to-day basis, from clients and internal staff
- Representing the Company in a professional manner and enhancing the perception of the Company as client oriented, being proactive and dedicated to providing excellent service
- Good attention to detail is required to ensure the accuracy of the documents and correspondence
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook with the ability to learn other relevant systems
- Relevant experience in, preferably gained within the legal, financial or administrative industry
- Minute taking experience, preferably in a corporate or legal environment would be an advantage but is not mandatory
- Excellent English – verbal and written
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding global business and to grow with the business
- A fantastic training environment
- Friendly work atmosphere and positive multi-international environment
- Great work-life balance
- Opportunity to communicate with (native) English speaking colleagues and clients on a daily basis
- Competitive market adjusted salary
- A 30-minute lunch break included in the 8-hour working day
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: email@example.com
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.