About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 4,000 staff across 45 offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance, and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However, your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast growing platform to allow you to thrive.
We are currently looking for a Deputy Head of Legal to join our legal department. If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role.
Role & Key Responsibilities:
- Deputise for Head of legal when required
- Providing legal advice and being involved in drafting, reviewing and negotiating of various types of contracts and legal documents in a broad range of transactional and advisory work relating to banking, funds and capital market matters for Luxembourg as well as our branches
- Creating, auditing and disposing all banking- and fund related contracts and service level agreements (AIFM, investment management company, prospectus review, depositary and paying agency agreement etc.)
- Acting as first point of contact for all legal questions
- Work with other departments of the firm on a daily basis
- Contributing to new business initiatives.
- Advise on all legal and regulatory matters with a focus on investment funds
- Support the on-boarding of new structures, draft and negotiate contractual arrangements and review offering documents from the depositary’s perspective
- Closely interact with different departments to advise and help manage legal risks
- Assess new regulatory developments and advise on potential business impacts and opportunities.
- An university degree in law, preferably fully qualified lawyer
- Minimum of 10 years of legal experience in the financial industry
- Solid legal expertise in European banking and financial services regulations
- Strong knowledge of Luxembourg fund, banking and regulatory laws , ideally acquired in a Luxembourgish law firm or inhouse
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities against key deadlines
- Be able to work independently and demonstrate flexibility, leadership and resilience.
- Strong analytical and decision- making skills as well as a structured way of working.
- First class drafting and negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible and highly accurate
- Team player
- Excellent analytical, drafting and communication skills.
- Fluent in English, French/German would be advantageous
- A high level of visibility within a large organization on an upwards trajectory
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team that makes a genuine impact on revenue and sales pipeline
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, agile and global IT team
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about us, please have a look at www.europeandepositarybank.com. Please also have a look at www.lri-invest.lu for further information about the other companies being part of this group here in Luxembourg.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR page.
Posting date: 09/09/2022
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.