Department: Investment Oversight
Reports to: Head of Investment Oversight Team
Purpose of the Role:
You will manage and deliver an effective Distributor Oversight programme of FundRock Partners’ fund hosting operation to meet our regulatory and contractual obligations regarding the management and oversight of all third-party Distributors.
You will ensure our Distribution relationships, fund platforms and Distribution strategies work for the benefit of all stakeholders, the funds that we operate and our funds investors
The role also covers the oversight of existing, and on boarding of new distributors, reporting and escalation requirements of the company’s Product Governance Committee as directed.
- Enhance the Distributor Oversight framework to ensure the adherence of FP and it’s delegates to the laws, rules and regulations governing marketing and distribution activities.
- Oversee the day to day service provider operations for Fund Distributors and Platforms
- Manage the relationships our distribution platforms
- Work in collaboration with our Head of Transfer Agency to oversee the transfer agency relationship
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with delegated investment managers;
- Perform Initial and Ongoing due diligence assessments, review and report on the business and processes of the delegated Fund distributors;
- Ensure distribution activities are carried out in line with applicable rules i.e. FCA PROD, MiFID II;
- Maintain the internal distributors and platform register.
- Ensure regulatory and compliance requirements are being met, and any changes assessed and successfully coordinated among stakeholders
- Compile management information for the Product Governance Committee for distribution related activities;
- Maintain Distributor Quarterly Declaration (DQD) and Distributor Due Diligence Questionnaires based on guidance and instruction, receive, review and report on responses and any supporting documents provided;
- Escalation and resolution of issues
- Liaise with clients and third-party service providers where required
- Produce and key performance indicators and reports for governance committees.
- Keep abreast of regulatory change impacting marketing and distribution of funds (UCITS, AIFs, and other funds).
- Complete any other appropriate ad hoc tasks as directed.
The aim of the job description is to indicate the general purpose and level of responsibility of the role. Please be aware that duties may vary from time to time without changing their character or general level of responsibility. Duties may be subject to periodic review by Senior Management (in consultation with the employee) to reflect the changing needs of the company.
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the employee will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected and at the discretion of the company.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- Financial services industry experience in either funds services or funds management
- Excellent knowledge of the UK regulatory environment and rules prescribed in the FCA Handbook, in particular the PROD, COBS and SYSC sourcebooks;
- Demonstrable knowledge of MiFID II in relation to Product Governance and Distribution activities.
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK and European Distribution models
- Demonstrable knowledge of Authorised Corporate Director (UK) structure and obligations
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the regulations that apply to fund distribution in the UK and across Europe
- Previous experience in overseeing third-party distributors preferential
- Knowledge of UK UCITS, UCITS and AIFMD requirements
- Demonstrate good communication skills, both written and oral and be able to converse with personnel at all levels;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to function in a dynamic and ever-changing environment;
- Strong multi-tasking abilities; able to juggle conflicting priorities;
- Have a proven hands-on attitude, be flexible and adaptable;
- Respect the FundRock Partners’ approach to client care and demonstrate due regard to the interests of the clients in any and all third party dealings;
- Ideally degree educated with further professional qualifications (e.g. CISI Diploma in Investment Compliance or equivalent) an advantage;
- Good IT skills – intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working in financial services.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting date: 29/06/22
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.