Throgmorton, an Apex Group Company, is dedicated to delivering exceptional client service with a personal touch. We are proud to place the utmost importance on developing strong personal relationships with our clients that has enabled us to establish a strong reputation in the asset management space, growing from just three people in 1999 to over 150 dedicated UK employees servicing over 700 clients in 2020.
The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism, Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
This role is to work as part of a highly skilled team servicing client businesses. This is an opportunity for a suitably experienced HR professional to deliver externally facing HR services. The role offers incredible variety taking the form of an outsourced HR partner working directly with employees for many clients, through to providing additional resources and expertise to internal client HR professionals.
- Provide guidance and assistance to clients on a range of HR and ER issues, in line with their own policies and procedures.
- Update client policies and procedures, consistent with UK employment legislation and ACAS guidelines.
- Assist in the development of bespoke HR policies and employee handbooks.
- Administer DBS and other background screening checks.
- HR administration tasks including; new starters, induction, leavers, rights to work; and documentation, maintaining folders etc.
- Assist with business development by building proactive client relationships.
- Contribute to the implementation of HR software projects.
- Attend client meetings when required.
- Liaise with benefits brokers and update client benefits.
- Review settlement agreements and contracts of employment.
- Attend legal update seminars and taking personal responsibility to be up-to-date and well-informed and to share insights with clients, as appropriate.
- Advise and support clients with more complex employee matters, including ER cases, as experience and skill set allows.
- Minimum of level 5 CIPD and ideally working towards level 7 CIPD.
- Ideally 5 years or more HR generalist experience, in an advisory capacity.
- Knowledge of complex compensation and benefits would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English.
- Ability to work under pressure and to client deadlines.
- A confident & positive attitude.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to balance competing client demands and work as an enabler.
- Knowledge of the Financial services Industry, and FCA regulated environments a distinct advantage.
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: LondonRecruit@apexfunds.co.uk
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.