About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 4,000 staff across 45 offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast growing platform to allow you to thrive.
We are currently looking for a IT Risk Manager (m/f/d) to support our Risk functions in Luxemburg. If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role. You will be reporting to the ISO.
The Role & Key Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for ensuring the implementation, enhancement, monitoring and enforcement of the information security and information technology risk policy framework.
- Foster a risk culture and build a technology/IT risk management framework, which considers industry best practices and the needs of the local businesses.
- Support the risk owners and the local IT Management to establish appropriate risk metrics (KRIs) and related thresholds (appetite and tolerances).
- Managing IT security risk assessments to agreed framework
- Assisting management and other key stakeholders with understanding and implementing information security responsibilities.
- Identifying significant threat changes and exposures to threats of assets associated with information security
- Creating and maintaining IT Risk Dashboards and regular metric deliverables
- Maintaining a risk register, ISO27005 based risk assessment from identifying risks and working with risk owners to deploying controls that mitigate risks
- Development and deployment of Risk management to Group standards
- Implementing the IT/IS Risk Management Program
- Own the Risk Framework and deliverables
- Tracking latest innovations and keeping abreast of latest technologies and practices
- Manage and drive remediation of IT exceptions which are outside of risk appetite.
- Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field, or relevant industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in information security, cybersecurity of which the last years includes cloud and IT Risk management.
- Skilled in risk management and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
- Relevant Industry Certifications (CISSP, CCSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC etc.)
- Ability to independently prioritize, high sense of responsibility and ability to work independently.
- Reliable, resilient as well as a professional, friendly and confident appearance.
- Strong communication skills, organization skills, quick learner and flexible
- Cloud Security Certification would also be an advantage: CSA, AWS, Azure Security / Architect
- Excellent communication skills are required [English] – providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders
- Multi-tasking – can manage several concurrent projects and prioritise demands across a team.
- Experience and or certification in other control frameworks such as ISO, NIST, ISF, ITIL and COBIT would be an advantage.
- Experience in a financial services environment and an understanding of implementing risk frameworks in a regulated industry would be an advantage.
You can look forward to an interesting and broad field of activities within a successfully growing company. You will experience the advantages of a bank, flat hierarchies and an attractive work environment providing you a long-term perspective for your personal and professional development. We provide for opportunities for personal and professional career development and offer a highly competitive salary package to the successful candidate.
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, testimonials/reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to email@example.com.
For further information about us, please have a look at www.europeandepositarybank.com. Please also have a look at www.lri-invest.lu for further information about the other companies being part of this group here in Luxembourg.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.