We are currently looking for a Junior Accountant in the Luxembourg Finance Team.
The role in a dynamic team and growing business unit will encompass compliance advisory, monitoring and fulfilment of the CSSF requirements to meet the obligations set out in local regulations, circulars and laws as well as the relevant European Directives.
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance, and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However, your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast-growing platform to allow you to thrive.
Within one of our Business Units, you will assist with the administration of a portfolio of international clients.
Your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Support a Senior Accountant in charge of a portfolio of international clients;
- Assist in accounting and closing entries;
- Assist in reconciling bank accounts;
- Help with the preparation and/or review of periodic management reporting;
- Assist in transaction monitoring as foreseen by the policies and procedures;
- Support with maintaining close relationships with clients/intermediaries and local authorities.
- Pursuing an university (BA/MA) degree in Accounting (or equivalent);
- Nice to have: few months of relevant professional experience in Accounting, preferably in a fiduciary or Big 4 company;
- Knowledge/ willingness to learn IFRS and GAAP standards and reporting.
- A commitment to provide a high-quality service;
- Well organized and able to meet the deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with both clients and colleagues;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Very good level in English is mandatory (French or German is considered an asset);
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business;
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Multinational work environment with challenging tasks.
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to email@example.com.
For further information about us, please have a look at www.europeandepositarybank.com. Please also have a look at www.lri-invest.lu for further information about the other companies being part of this group here in Luxembourg.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is , subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR page.
Posting date: 22/11/2022
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.