Employment Type: Permanent
About LRI Group
Luxembourg Regulated Investments established 1988: LRI Group, an Apex Group Company, is a leading investment services company based in Luxembourg. It provides asset managers and investors with three decades of experience in structuring and administration of traditional and alternative investment strategies. We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Life at Apex isn't just about the work you do, it's about embracing the culture and loving what you do. Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex ensures it rewards loyal and dedicated employees. The international nature of our business and global network of offices means that there are opportunities to broaden your life experiences and take both short-term or permanent relocation options.
We are currently looking for a Junior Legal Counsel to support our growing operations in the Legal department.
- To support the Head of Legal and more generally the LRI Legal team to deliver the legal strategy, working with stakeholders and legal colleagues to ensure the timely, effective and efficient delivery of all advice, projects and initiatives;
- Managing and co-ordinating the delivery of legal advice and support to the third-party fund management company services business operated in Luxembourg (the “Business”), which includes fulfilling the second line of defence role and effectively managing legal risk.
- To contribute to the legal team in its provision of legal and fund structuring activities (drafting fund documentation, filing with the regulators, etc.);
- To support and manage external advisers and other stakeholders in successfully delivering transactions and projects on a timely basis;
- To deliver accurate and cost effective legal and/or regulatory advice to the Business, ensuring it is clear and understandable to non-lawyers, delivered within relevant timescales, is commercial and proactive and manages / minimises legal, reputational and regulatory risks;
- To strive for continuous improvements in the operating practices and processes of the legal team including identifying efficiencies, improvements and opportunities to reduce costs;
- To manage and deliver the communication of internal and external legal advice and provides input on transactions and projects to stakeholders in the Business in a commercial, user friendly and efficient manner;
- To manage legal, regulatory and reputational risk within the Business, identifying and evaluating these risks and formulating robust solutions to mitigate them, escalating to the Head of Legal, and to relevant business management and control areas;
- To ensure all legal support provided by the legal team complies with the Legal Policy and the legal and regulatory framework within which the Business operates.
- University degree in law or a similar field.
- A minimum of two years’ relevant professional experience, preferably within the field of investment funds in Luxembourg, with focus on real estate, private debt and private equity.
- Profound knowledge of the Luxembourgish and German legal and regulatory environment concerning investment funds.
- Open-minded, dynamic, flexible and capable of working in a team in an organised and independent manner.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Fluency in English and German, both written and spoken. Other languages are considered a bonus.
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business;
- A friendly, co-operative and supportive environment;
- An opportunity to work with complete Funds’ structures and multiple forms of legal entities;
- Training and development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter, availability and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: email@example.com
Posting date: 24/10/2022
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.