Reports to: Senior Legal Counsel
Location: Bastion House, 140 London Wall, London, EC2Y 5DN
FundRock Management Company S.A. (“FRMC”) as part of Apex Group is a leading independent third party Fund Management Company providing management company services to Luxembourg, Ireland and UK domiciled collective investment schemes in accordance with the respective regulations. FRMC provides substance through solid Risk management, Oversight, Compliance, as well as through the comprehensive Knowledge of its strong team. The company´s multinational team is well placed to support asset managers across borders with local market insight and global connectivity. We have an opportunity for Legal Counsel within the Legal Team. This position will be based in our London Office.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Support Senior Legal Counsel in providing legal, strategic and regulatory advice to the company and the board
- Assist Senior Legal Counsel in managing external counsel and advisors
- Support Senior Legal Counsel in managing legal risk and litigation risk
- Assist Senior Legal Counsel in developing and maintaining core Template Agreements including the Investment Management Agreement, Sponsorship Agreement and the Distribution Agreement to ensure that contractual and operational requirements of the business protected the business and that FundRock Partners meets or exceeds its minimum legal and corporate obligations.
- Work with the Client Team and Investment Management Oversight during the course of negotiating Template Agreements with investment managers, sponsors and distributors.
- Support Senior Legal Counsel in advising the company in relation to all relevant Agreements entered into by FundRock Partners and the development and maintenance of precedent Agreements where appropriate.
- Maintain storage of all relevant contractual documentation relevant to the funds and FundRock Partners.
- Assist Senior Legal Counsel in providing advice and support in relation to regulatory issues and dealing with the FCA.
- Assist Senior Legal Counsel in the approval process in respect of authorising collective investment schemes.
- Assist Senior Legal Counsel in the approval process in respect of constitutional changes to existing collective investment schemes
- Assist Senior Legal Counsel in coordinating the initial and continual review and approval of fund based literature such as Prospectus; Instrument of Incorporation/Trust Deed; Simplified Prospectus; Application Forms; and Key Investor Information Documents
- Maintain a record of all such literature to ensure its timely and periodic review
- Assist Senior Legal Counsel in coordinating the creation of ISDAs with counterparties or changes to existing ISDAs via liaison with external Legal Counsel and Investment Advisers/Sponsors
- Keep abreast of changes in the regulatory environment affecting collective investment schemes (liaising with the Compliance Department) and raising any issues with Senior Legal Counsel.
- Assist in the research into technical specific area.
The aim of the job description is to indicate the general purpose and level of responsibility of the role. Please be aware that duties may vary from time to time without changing their character or general level of responsibility. Duties may be subject to periodic review by Senior Management (in consultation with the employee) to reflect the changing needs of the company.
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the employee will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected and at the discretion of the company.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- Qualified lawyer
- Experience gained as a solicitor within private practice and/or an in house function dealing with relevant financial services issues
- Some knowledge and experience of the regulatory environment and liaising with regulators
- A demonstrable track record of delivering high quality legal advice
- Excellent influencing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with all areas of FundRock Partners, clients and partners
- Effective communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues with clarity and simplicity to all business areas
- Articulate and computer literate
- Good knowledge of standard business software (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook)
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and politely
- Good analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking abilities; able to juggle conflicting priorities
- Have a hands-on attitude, be flexible and adaptable with a “right first time” approach
- Knowledge, Technical Skills & Continuous Learning
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Able to use initiative
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent team worker
- Customer Focussed; Flexibility in line with business needs
- Quality Focussed
- Possessor of impeccable integrity
- Commercially aware
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: email@example.com
Date of Posting: 20/06/22
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.