About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 5,000 staff across 50 offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However, your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast growing platform to allow you to thrive.
We are currently looking for a Payments Officer (m/f/d) to support our department Custody Operations in Luxembourg. If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role.
- Executing of the settlement of forex transactions (booking and confirmation matching)
- Executing complaint handling for payments and forex transactions
- Booking of payment and forex related fees
- Being the main contact person for IT and Group Head Payments
- Acting as senior employee for international payment transactions (SWIFT and SEPA)
- Managing and monitoring the annual release changes for both SWIFT and SEPA
- Participation in and ownership of ad hoc projects
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Banking apprenticeship or Bachelor degree in relevant field (economics, business administration, Finance)
- Several years of practical experience in a similar field
- Good understanding of economic relationships and the processes of a bank
- Strong analytical and decision- making skills as well as a structured way of working
- Ability work successfully both autonomously and within teams
- Experience in project work advantageous
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible and highly accurate
- IT affinity especially with regards to XML, X-Gen, EBICS standards as well as sound knowledge of MS Office products, further system knowledge e.g. IBSY, SWIFT, etc. would be an asset
- Fluent communication skills in English.
You can look forward to an interesting and broad field of activities within a successfully growing company. You will experience the advantages of a bank, flat hierarchies and an attractive work environment providing you a long-term perspective for your personal and professional development. We provide for opportunities for personal and professional career development and offer a highly competitive salary package to the successful candidate.
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about us, please have a look at www.europeandepositarybank.com. Please also have a look at www.lri-invest.lu for further information about the other companies being part of this group here in Luxembourg.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.