Department: Risk & Compliance
Employment Type: 6 months Intership
FundRock Management Company S.A. (“FRMC”) as part of Apex Group is a leading independent third-party Fund Management Company providing management company services to Luxembourg, Ireland and UK domiciled collective investment schemes in accordance with the respective regulations. FRMC provides substance through solid Risk management, Oversight, Compliance, as well as through the comprehensive Knowledge of its strong team. The company´s multinational team is well placed to support asset managers across borders with local market insight and global connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Risk & Compliance Intern to support our growing operations in the Risk & Compliance department.
- Monitor and report on the regulatory and prospectus investment restrictions regarding the compliance of funds;
- Prepare and monitor the regular / daily risk reporting of funds, with focus on the global exposure;
- Perform day to day controls and analysis of incident reports;
- Preparation of ad-hoc Risk analysis reports to the executives;
- Monitor and report the liquidity risk of investment funds (assets and liabilities);
- Prepare UCITS/AIFMD applications in accordance with applicable regulations (CSSF, AMF, CBI);
- Perform review of control checklists summarizing all the investment objectives and policies, and investment regulations and restrictions;
- Perform regular checks of credit rating of the instruments held;
- Report on status of breaches of investment restriction or investment policy matters;
- Provide timely feedback and support to colleagues, management and auditors (internal and external);
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual reports for Risk and compliance.
- Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting (You are a student during the entire length of the internship period)
- Strong quantitative orientation and analytical skills;
- Extensive knowledge of Derivatives and Equity products, risk analysis and models (VaR, Back-test, Stress test) and valuation models of financial products.
- Knowledge of regulations for funds and investment products;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft office tools (especially Excel);
- Knowledge of VBA is an advantage
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, or other Data providers is an advantage;
- Ability to work within a team as well as on own initiative; Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated;
- Highly motivated and fast learning individual;
- Strong communication, organisational and analytical skills.
- First experience in Market will be considered as an advantage.
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business;
- A friendly, co-operative and supportive environment;
- An opportunity to work with complete Funds’ structures and multiple forms of legal entities;
- Training and development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter, availability and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: FRMC_Recruitment@fundrock.com
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.