Employment Time: Full Time
Reporting Lines: Payroll Manager
Throgmorton, an Apex Group Company, is dedicated to delivering exceptional service with a personal touch. We are proud to place the utmost importance on developing strong personal relationships with our clients and that focus has enabled us to establish a strong reputation in the asset management space, growing from just three people in 1999 to 150 dedicated employees servicing over 700 clients.
Our diverse expertise means we can support any company who wishes to outsource their finance, accounting, payroll, tax, HR and administrative functions.
Implementing all new payroll business on a monthly routine, and managing a portfolio of circa 40 clients with support from the wider Apex payroll team
Payroll portfolio management
- Responsibility for Implementing all new payrolls and a portfolio of circa 40 payroll clients, including:
- Client facing contact and managing client expectations of service delivery
- HMRC registration for PAYE
- Organisation and employee set up on payroll system
- Processing of Payrolls from Start to Finish with support from the wider Apex team
- Create (for new clients) and maintaining Payroll procedures document (PPD)
- Processing Payments for net pay and all third parties
- Managing start to finish process for Auto-Enrolment.
- Ensuring client deadlines are met.
- Ensuring HMRC deadlines are met, including filing deadlines and payment deadlines.
- Reconciliation and management of client monies to client call account
- Assist other team members as required, particularly at busy times and assist Payroll Manager/Supervisor with covering other staff payrolls during absences.
- Minimum 5 years payroll experience
- Multi discipline and/or Payroll Bureau experience
- Client service oriented
- Excellent client management skills
- Attention to detail including time management and client timescales to the calendar
- Good written and oral communication
- Willingness to build internal and external relationships and to communicate at all levels and across all the disciplines.
- Openness to involve management in resolution of any issues.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Well organised and a good planner
- Able to use own initiative and identify issues.
- Flexible approach
- Excellent practical payroll knowledge
- Able to disseminate information, both technical and client related to other team members to increase awareness.
- CIPP qualified or exceptionally qualified by experience
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding global business and to grow with the business.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business
- Working directly with an external client portfolio, maintaining client relationships
- Getting involved in business development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: UKRecruit@apexfunds.co.uk
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.