Department: Accounts – Throgmorton
Employment Type: Permanent
Reporting Lines: Business Unit Leader
The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Throgmorton and Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
Throgmorton, an Apex Group Company, is dedicated to delivering exceptional service with a personal touch. We are proud to place the utmost importance on developing strong personal relationships with our clients and that focus has enabled us to establish a strong reputation in the asset management space, growing from just three people in 1999 to over 110 dedicated employees servicing over 700 clients in 2022.
Our diverse expertise means we can support any company who wishes to outsource their finance, accounting, payroll, tax, HR and administrative functions.
Our culture is to actively encourage development, both from an academic and personal lever with a view to promoting staff internally. Over the past two years we have promoted over 30% of our accounting staff.
- Delivering a co-ordinated service to a portfolio of clients
- Managing service delivery on accounting/financial matters (i.e. outsourced CFO/FC)
- Detailed review of all accounting output
- Ownership of accounting output
- Management of resource requirements within the team through business cycle
- Managing the workflow of the team on a day to day basis
- Maintaining a high standard of service and good client relations
- Co-ordinating service delivery with other disciplines and our Spartan offices
- Managing the effectiveness of accounting technical resources
- Managing team billing
- Team debt management
- You will also have responsibility for Business Planning, People Development, Risk Management and Business Development
- Qualified Accountant, preferably ACA or ACCA with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience, strong technical knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Multi discipline awareness
- Business risk aware
- Client service orientated
- Strong people and team management skills, especially to develop people by motivating and coaching
- Capable of managing a small team
- Good written and oral communication
- Good presentation skills
- Willingness to build relationships and to influence positively at all levels
- Able to use own initiative and identify issues
- Openness to involve management in resolution of issues
- Active role in disseminating information, both technical and client related, to other team members to increase awareness
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding global business and to grow with the business
- Exposure to all aspects of the business
- Working directly with an external client portfolio, maintaining client relationships
- The ability to apply all technical knowledge to practical scenarios
- Opportunity to manage a team and people management
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.