Contract type: Permanent
- Support the Valuation Manager and the Senior Valuation officers on the day-to-day activities and for the definition of the control framework for UCITS / UCITS-like and AIFs vehicles.
- Perform NAV checks based on packages received from central administrators.
- Monitor reporting timetables for NAV check performances.
- Review the valuation of liquid and illiquid assets including private equity, private equity funds, real estate, private debt and other hard to value assets.
- Work on client Fund valuation policies.
- Support the Valuation Committee by performing valuation reports (e.g. stale prices, high variations etc.) and presenting the conclusion and findings in a clear manner.
- Liaise with the Conducting Officers and the senior management on a regular basis by providing high-level valuation reports, and by presenting critical valuation topics.
- Perform initial and ongoing due diligences on external valuers/appraisers/vendors.
- Manage relationships with clients and external parties (auditors, delegates, service providers, etc.) relating to the Fund’s valuation.
- Identify and escalate pricing and accounting issues and ensure preventive and mitigation plans are designed, formalized and duly implemented.
- Draft of Service Level Agreements, review of prospectus, and other documents in line with client requirements and in relation with the Valuation function.
- Participation in different projects (implementation of new regulations, systems, presentations, etc.)
- Assist the risk management and the portfolio management functions when required.
- Masters in Finance.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar function is considered as a plus.
- Solid background in accounting or Fund accounting.
- Knowledge of operating models for key areas of a Management Company, such as Central Administration, Distribution, or Depositary oversight.
- A good understanding of the valuation market best practices for both liquid and illiquid assets (IPEV, RICS, etc)
- Strong financial modelling skills in order to analyse hard to value assets (knowledge of DCF, transactional and trading multiples).
- Familiar with financial derivatives (equity, credit, interest rate, and FX derivatives).
- Team spirit and communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage various tasks.
- Meticulous and highly organised.
- High standards of quality and numerical accuracy.
- Good knowledge of current and upcoming Fund regulations (UCITS, AIFMD, UCITS V, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.