Department: Financial Reporting
Employment Type: Full Time
Role & Key Responsibilities
- Review of Financial statements of Hedge Fund, Private Equity, Real Estate, Manco etc. in multiple GAAPs, mainly in IFRS, US GAAP, UK GAAP, Lux GAAP and Canadian GAAP.
- Develop and document and institute procedures to make FR process more efficient and standardized, saving time and money.
- Manage a team of high-volume, deadline and production driven environment, all while maintaining 100% accuracy.
- Provide ongoing and continuous training, motivation and development of all team members to maintain high client service standards.
- Effective use of resources within the team, establishing goals and objective of the team.
- New hiring, process training to new staff, people issue, performance management, KPI etc.
- Prepare MIS report, develop and design a process manual.
- Resolve queries raised by Onshore, Client, Auditor and Director.
- Managing a team of 5 to 15 Associates and Senior Associates.
- Define the timeline of financial statements with onshore.
- Responsible for client communication and implementation of new regulatory requirements/disclosures that impact the financial statements.
- Monitor day-to-day management of team members and actively manage and maintain successful long- term relationships of assigned clients.
- Responsible for quality management, key-risk mitigation and resiliency, and monitoring effective utilization of resources.
- Train the team to ensure quality services to clients.
- Ensuring career growth by outlining career path for each and every team member in FR team.
Qualification and Experience
- Professional qualification, CA, CPA, ACCA, MBA (Finance), CFA, or any course specialized in Accounting.
- Experience of 7-12 years in Financial Reporting.
- Experience of Financial Reporting in Hedge Fund is preferred.
- Experience of Financial Reporting in IFRS/US GAAP is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
- Excellent accounting knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge in capital market and derivatives
- Leadership skills
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business.
- Exposure to work on multiple GAAPs, multiple jurisdictions, end to end Financial Reporting in Hedge Fund, Private Equity, Real Estate etc. and to working with senior management
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependents, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.