Employment Type: Permanent
Reporting lines: Direct line to AFS CEO (Management Board chairman) Management Board and Supervisory Board
We are currently looking for a Chief Internal Auditor to support our growing operations in the Audit department who will lead Apex Fund Services’ Internal Audit function. Provide independent, objective assurance services designed to add value and improve the Company’s operations. Enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. Support the Company in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes.
The mission, scope, duties, authority and values of this function are described in the Internal Audit Charter of the Company.
- Plans and performs audit missions to assess whether risks relating to the achievement of strategic objectives are appropriately identified and managed including that:
- established processes, controls and systems enable compliance with the policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and governance standards;
- operations or programs are being carried out effectively and efficiently;
- information and the means used to identify, measure, analyze, classify, and report such information are reliable and have integrity; and
- resources and assets are acquired economically, used efficiently, and protected adequately.
- Submits, at least annually, to the Management Board, a risk-based internal audit plan for review and approval.
- Reviews and adjusts the internal audit plan, as necessary, in response to changes in business, risks, operations, programs, systems, and controls.
- Ensures each engagement of the internal audit plan is executed, including the establishment of objectives and scope, the documentation of work programs and testing results, and the communication of engagement results with applicable conclusions and recommendations to appropriate parties.
- Follows up on engagement findings and corrective actions, and reports periodically to the Supervisory Board, Management Board and the Internal Control Committee (ICC) any corrective actions not effectively implemented
- Cooperates closely with Group stakeholders and ensures that the Group Internal Audit standards are applied accurately
- Coordinates activities with those of external auditors and other control functions (risk management, compliance)
- University degree in finance and business administration, legal or similar
- 7 years in the financial sector and more than 5 years in Internal Audit
- Professional certifications in internal audit
- Knowledge of fund administration business
- Knowledge of European and Luxembourg relevant regulations
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business;
- A friendly, co-operative and supportive environment;
- An opportunity to work with a variety of fund structures, asset classes and multiple forms of legal entities;
- Training and development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter, availability and salary expectations) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.