Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
The Custody Manager is responsible for management of the Custody Operations Team and for the oversight of workflow performed by the team. The Custody Manager is also responsible for managing day to day relationship with custody clients and ensuring timely delivery of client deliverables and reporting required by the relevant stakeholders. The custody manager provides support on a variety of services including proactive client response management, timely response to trade and cash queries, corporate actions, proxy and tax queries. The custody manager is also involved in development of new business, providing support to the onboarding and implementations team, and to the wider group business areas
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Monitor and review performance of Daily and monthly Risk and Control Checks, ensuring all workflow controls are implemented to ensure all Custody responsibilities are carried out in accordance with procedures
- Maintain governance over the responsibilities and deliverables of the team and ensure appropriate oversight in place to mitigate risk and minimise incidents – manage MRI process and handle escalations as needed
- Ensure effective operating models in place within Custody Operations to achieve operational and cost targets
- Ensure effective procedures in place to ensure responsibilities and deliverables are performed accurately and in a timely manner and in Line with EDB standards and policies
- Manage the resources and capacity within the custody team
- Manage talent development and sustainable performance within the team, build in resilience and strength to cope with challenges build in efficiency and optimise performance
- Manage client relationships and act as an escalation point for issues and matters arising
- Participate in new client launches to assess impact and operational requirement to support new business and coordinate new client on-boarding with sales and integration
The key day to day features of the position will include:
- Manage the workflow within the team, ensure all tasks are allocated and completed by the Custody Associates on the team
- Manage Payment Process, including review and authorisation of payments as needed.
- Manage custody trading, portfolio and cash management process for custody clients.
- Manage custody reporting and reconciliation process for custody clients.
- Manage Monthly KPI and KRI delivery.
- Manage Custody team and provide guidance, leadership and technical assistance to the team.
- Attend client relationship calls and daily team calls.
- Act as a signatory for EDB Dublin Branch and exercising such authority in accordance with EDB Group policy.
- Manage Audit and Regulatory reviews including SOC1 and Central Bank of Ireland Reviews.
- Manage internal self assessment process to review and monitor all processes are carried out in accordance with the Custody Key Operating Procedures
- Identify any system/process training needs and participate in resource planning; ensure cross training for all team members to ensure sufficient coverage is always in place to ensure client service requirements are met
Qualifications and Experience requirements
Applicants must have
- At least 6 years’ experience in fund services industry, preferably with the majority of experience in Custody and Payments environment
- At least 5 years experience working with various custody products, including Custody trade processing and settlements
- At least 5 years experience in payment execution environment and have strong technical skills in payment formatting and payment infrastructure and/or
- Applicant must have ability and desire to work in a busy, high performance environment, managing tight deadlines.
- Excellent Leadership and people management skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop working relationships with colleagues, clients, other divisions/ offices of the bank and professional intermediaries
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: email@example.com
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.