Department: Private Clients & Family Office
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
Role & Key Responsibilities:
To provide trust and company administration services, including proactive client contact in a professional manner and in accordance with regulatory requirements, service levels and company standards so as to meet with client expectations.
Autonomously administer an allocated portfolio of complex clients, which may contain some key clients of the Company, working directly with the Manager & Director responsible.
Assist in managing the team and deputising in the Manager’s absence. Act as focal point for administration and technical queries from members of the team.
To actively support the Manager in the training and development of the team to build and develop their knowledge and enhance their career and promotion prospects.
As with any role level within our business, we are dedicated to the development of all our staff.
- Assist with the mentoring, development and coaching of team members and providing feedback to the Manager;
- Where relevant support the Manager with the delegation of work whilst retaining responsibility, giving clear instructions, timeframes and providing feedback;
- Encourage a ‘can do’ positive approach, giving constructive feedback and guidance and encouraging open communication within the team;
- Maintain accurate reports of time spent on time billing modules, on a daily basis;
- Work effectively and efficiently, and ensure all time charged is reasonable and justified; guide and encourage other team members to do the same;
- Meet centrally defined, chargeable time requirements and any other specific targets;
- Develop strong client relationships and ensure, within own portfolio, the correct work has been billed for, and work with the Manager responsible to raise fee notes on a timely basis;
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with Apex’s policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the risks involved in all business activities carried out with respect to the client base and escalate anything as per Apex’s guidelines and policies;
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory requirements, commensurate with responsibilities. In an open and supportive manner, ensure that all breaches/incidents identified in relation to service delivery are reported to the Manager, recorded and agreed actions are properly implemented;
- Contribute to the production and maintenance of operating procedures for all the entities administered using the Company approved formats, acting as a champion for the introduction of new processes;
- Ensure all company / trust / partnership / foundation records and statutory registers are properly maintained and updated on a timely basis in the relevant systems, including preparation of letters, minutes or any other documents;
- Accurately draft, prepare and review relevant documentation (e.g. compliance files, minutes, forms and documents for the JFSC) and systems (NavOne, banking systems) for the set up / closure of entities;
- Take responsibility for the organisation of trustee meetings / board meetings, preparation and distribution of accurate board packs to Directors. Attendance at meetings, and actively contribute to discussions and prepare or review draft minutes;
- Prepare accurately all necessary returns / reports to the various authorities, including annual return, regulatory returns and any other ongoing statutory obligations;
- Carry out all other company secretarial and trustee activities in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Complete and manage the clearance of any client reviews using appropriate checklists in accordance with the agreed timeframe;
- Ensure investment reviews, are completed using appropriate checklists in accordance with the agreed timeframe;
- Have a good understanding of tax issues (e.g. IHT, CGT) in relation to all client portfolios administered to enable you to provide a full service to the client;
- Maintain a clear understanding of the client’s requirements and expectations; ensuring there is regular and open communication as required and escalate to the Manager / Senior Manager any problems identified;
- Ensure that client reports (all correspondence, accounts, investor information etc) are produced to a high standard of accuracy, using approved templates, and distributed in accordance with agreed service levels;
- Be the first point of contact with clients, intermediaries, third parties and key client contacts working to build & develop meaningful relationships. Be involved with all steps of the client acceptance process, and look out for cross-selling opportunities for the business;
- Generate and check banking instructions;
- Acting as a delegate signatory on client bank accounts;
- Manage work effectively, conflicting priorities, workload, utilising resources, as necessary to manage client / management expectations ensuring excellent client service.; retaining full responsibility for own work including meeting deadlines where necessary;
- Assist the Manager in ensuring that appropriate cover for absences is in place, and that colleagues are fully briefed prior to any personal absence from the office. Demonstrate ability to provide cover in the absence of the Manager.
- Assist the Manager on ad hoc projects.
- To hold or to be actively working towards a professional qualification recognised by the JFSC.
- An excellent understanding of trust and company administration.
- A good understanding of applicable laws and legal & regulatory concepts
- Ability to analyse a set of financial accounts and identify areas for further discussion / investigation.
- Previous experience of working within trust and company business is essential.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Act as a role model for other team members and others within the business.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Effective delegation skills
- High standard of oral and written communication skills, to allow effective communication with colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and use own initiative.
- The ability to work within allocated deadlines and according to instructions and Company procedures.
- Confident in using all systems necessary for day-to-day tasks and ability to identify own training needs.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to identify and suggest procedural improvements.
- The opportunity to work as part of a high performance team and to contribute to the successful performance of the Company.
- To be aware of, and convey, the correct professional image and high standards applied by the Company.
- Ensure that own skills and knowledge are kept up to date, meeting regulated CPD requirements.
- Collaborative mindset
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook with the ability to learn other relevant systems and use of all other office equipment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and manage timescales.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A strong desire for self-improvement & career development
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.