Last updated: August 2021
This Cookie notice provides you with information about the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded by your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. This allows for websites and applications to recognise you or your device on each subsequent visit so they can remember things like your preferences.
There are session cookies, which only last for the direction of your online session and disappear from your device when you close your browser and persistent cookies which stay on your device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie.
The cookies tell us which parts of the website you have visited so that we can ensure we provide you with information that you are interested in and make any future visits to our website simple and easy for you. In addition, cookies can help us to analyse the use of our websites and online content (analytics cookies) and they can also facilitate/track the interaction on our websites and online content with social media (e.g. links to social media sites, like buttons, etc.).
Yes, we may use information collected from our cookies to identify user behaviour and improve our future interactions with you, for example if we send you a targeted email, which includes web beacons, cookies or similar technologies, we will know whether you open, read or delete the message.
Cookies we use
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, and remember the choices you make, to provide more enhanced personalised features.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Google Analytics cookies are used on this website, in order for us to assess how users interact with the website’s content. Pardot cookies are also used. These track visitor and prospect activities on our website and landing pages.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Interaction with live chat platform (Alice)
Data may also be collected when you interact with Apex’s live chat platform from the website, and live chat conversations may be logged. You will to consent to your data being collected prior to interacting with the live chat platform. The Drift Widget is a service for interacting with the Drift live chat platform provided by Drift.com, Inc.
Do you use any cookies from third party companies?
Some cookies we use are from third party companies, such as Google Analytics, Drift and Salesforce Pardot, to provide us with web analytics and intelligence about our sites. These companies use programming code to collect information about your interaction with our sites, such as the pages you visit, the links you click on and how long you are on our sites. This code is only active while you are on our website. You can opt-out of having your anonymised browsing activity within websites tracked by Google Analytics cookies by clicking on the following link: Google Analytics Privacy.
- Our cookie banner
You can directly edit your preferences in relation to the cookies Apex use on the website using the pop-up banner that appears when you first enter the website. Here you can set preferences in relation to the non-essential cookies placed by our website.
- Using your browser to control cookies
The information and data collected by Apex cookies expire after two years.
If you have any queries relating to this notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may occasionally update this privacy notice as our services and privacy practices change, or as required by applicable legal or regulatory requirements. We may also notify you in other ways for time to time about the processing of your personal information