Department: Accounts – Throgmorton
Employment Type: Permanent
Role Objective and job specification
Throgmorton is looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join its Accounts Team, the role will be based in Reading.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and verifying invoices and checking requests from clients;
- Ensuring invoices are coded to correct departments and purchase lines and uploaded into relevant accounting systems;
- Were required, prepare and perform payment runs as per client instructions;
- Post payment transactions to ledgers once complete and ensure banks are reconciled within the accounting systems;
- Maintain vendor files including making call-backs where required;
- Communicate with clients and vendors where appropriate and respond to inquiries;
- Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions;
- Able to reconcile accounting records to bank statements, reconcile supplier statements to ledger accounts and monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date;
- Reviewing, when required, the above stated output of the Accounts payable team;
- Reporting into the accounts payable supervisor, the successful candidate will be expected to support them in training members of staff, risk management and control, deputising for them, working proactively, independently when required, and as part of the Throgmorton and wider Corporate Solutions and Apex teams.
The successful candidate should have:
- Knowledge and basic understanding of general accounting ideas such as VAT;
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software;
- Be proficient in data entry, working to multiple tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good communication skills with the ability of organising and prioritising;
- Business risk aware;
- Client service and results focused;
- Ability to use their own initiative with minimal supervision;
- Be a team player with willingness to assist others and a willingness to learn.
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding global business and to grow with the business;
- Training environment which is second to none;
- Access to the apprenticeship scheme to pursue a relevant professional qualification;
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to practical scenarios .
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.