Purpose of the role:
FundRock Management Company S.A. (“FRMC”) is a leading independent third party Fund Management Company providing management company services primarily to Luxembourg, Ireland and UK domiciled collective investment schemes in accordance with the respective regulations. FRMC provides substance through solid risk management, oversight, compliance, as well as through the comprehensive knowledge of its strong team. The firm’s multinational team speaks over 20 languages and is well placed to support asset managers across borders with local market insight and global connectivity. Due to the expansion of the company, we have an opportunity for a Business Implementation Officer to join our team.
As a business implementation officer you will work as part of a fast paced and growing team. You will support the team in meeting its objectives. This role requires you to maintain a strong relationship with all relevant stakeholders, internally and externally together with our services providers, ensuring market leading service to our clients.
A great opportunity to be part of a newly established team within the client relationship management (CRM) department which will allow you to grow and develop your career within an award winning European Management Company. The role will allow you to establish and develop solid working relationships with clients and internal teams which you can leverage throughout your career.
The Business Development team is responsible for managing fund events and oversees several million in assets transferring / launching into the business acting as main co-ordinator between internal Fundrock parties, external clients and legal counsel to facilitate the project management of, but not excluded to:
- Fund launches for new and existing clients
- Fund transitions from other administrators and custodians
- Re-domicile events resulting in new fund launches
- Restructures, mergers and schemes of amalgamation resulting in new funds
- Fund closures & liquidations
You will be part of a team that actively manages the new business process and collates feedback from operations right through to sales and relationship management teams; coordinates and assists in the completion of all facets of the project including legal document review, IT set up, RMP production, pipeline / capacity management, participate in opportunity review forums, monitor project risk, navigate issues throughout the project and ensure proper escalation to senior management where needed.
key responsibilities of the role include:
- Co-ordinate fund launches and transitions with the internal teams, client, relationship managers and relevant additional parties.
- The project manager is the key point of contact with the client for the duration of the project, along with the relationship manager.
- Scope the project and critical path with client and relevant administrator.
- Create project plans for meetings
- Chair project meetings and document actions/updates. Ensure new business take on teams are taking ownership of their tasks.
- Actively manage the project process, including the circulation of all details to the operational teams and any third parties with the monitoring of replies via the tracker.
- Report and escalate to senior management on any risks and critical tasks from plans that are outstanding, e.g. SLD’s, fees, legal agreements.
- Following and enhancing procedures to ensure funds are taken on in a timely and risk-controlled fashion
- Ensure clear communication to internal departments legal, risk, compliance finance, central administration, depositary, distribution operations etc as well as clients and external parties.
- Coordinate initial due diligence on delegates and work with internal stake holders to ensure no risks to FRMC.
- Participate in client pitches when required developing strong relationships with the sales team.
- Ensure appropriate document sign off is obtained
- Coordinate launch implementation within the FRMC teams and ensure SLAs are in place.
- Keep up to date with regulatory change and advise internal teams accordingly if they will effect FRMC
- Preferably 3+ years Fund experience;
- Excellent knowledge of UCITS and AIF Fund structures, and knowledge of Lux & Irish legal structures is a prerequisite;
- Thorough understanding of Management Company / AIFM structures required.
- Project management skills essential along with ability to run simultaneous projects;
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently while supporting the overall goals of the team;
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, and competent in dealing with Senior project sponsors;
- Results driven and proactive in problem solving;
- Excellent client service skills, client focused and delivers work to an exceptionally high standard;
- Proven analytical thinking
- Concern for quality
- In-depth knowledge of Excel / Word / PowerPoint
- Knowledge in PMO tools such as Jira/ Project an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.