Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
Are you looking to kick-start your long-term career in Accountancy? We are looking to recruit bright, highly numerate and inquisitive trainee accountants who want to achieve a level 7 ACCA or ACA apprenticeship with Throgmorton and First Intuition.
Throgmorton, an Apex Group Company, is dedicated to delivering exceptional service with a personal touch. We are proud to place the utmost importance on developing strong personal relationships with our clients and that focus has enabled us to establish a strong reputation in the asset management space.
The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 4,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive
What will you be doing?
Our Accountancy team at Throgmorton (part of Apex Group) service a global client portfolio which provides you with the opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
- Accounting -
- Processing of primary accounting entries, to include: purchase and sales ledger entry, posting bank payments and receipts, bank reconciliations,
- Preparation of supplier invoice payment runs and reviewing ledgers to ensure no duplicated payments
- Preparation and posting of payroll journals & nominal journals
- First draft preparation of fixed asset register, accruals and prepayment schedules
- Listing queries for senior accountants to follow up
- Assistance with preparation of requests from auditors
- Filing of documents and archiving of files
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) -
- Assistance with preparation of regulatory returns
- Value Added Tax -
- Understanding VAT from a data entry standpoint and the different types reported from invoices
- Assistance with HMRC visit preparation
- Business & Personal Tax -
- Assistance with the gathering and analysis of information and preparation of forms P11Ds and PSAs
Who are we looking for?
- You will have a minimum of 12 month’s experience working within accountancy practice;
- To be eligible for the apprenticeship study programme you will either be new to the qualification or be part qualified AAT/ACA/ACCA (with no less than four PQ modules left to complete)
- Excellent bookkeeping skills;
- Technical knowledge with the ability to apply this to practical day to day scenarios;
- Knowledge of basic accountancy work is preferable but not essential;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively (written & oral at all levels.
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business;
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience;
- Training and development opportunities.
Sound like you? Apply today!
Please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: email@example.com
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.