We are currently looking for a Head of the Compliance & Data Protection function, who will act as Chief Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
The role in a dynamic team and growing business unit will encompass compliance advisory, monitoring and fulfilment of the CSSF requirements to meet the obligations set out in local regulations, circulars and laws as well as the relevant European Directives.
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance, and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However, your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast-growing platform to allow you to thrive.
- To provide open and honest regulatory liaison, building a strong working relationship with regulatory bodies, notably the CSSF.
- Reviewing legislation and conducting gap analyses to ensure the firm remains compliant with obligations
- To be registered with the CSSF as Chief Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Providing advice and guidance on compliance and risk to all members of the organisation.
- Assisting in responding appropriately to alleged breaches and non-compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Contribute to strategy and business planning, notably from a risk and compliance
- To develop and embed a strategic approach to risk and compliance and a target operating model for the firm.
- To provide strategic, actionable advice, support and guidance on CSSF rules, Sanctions and any other applicable rules and guidance and support the corporate governance, to enable the enhancement of the corporate governance, financial crime and risk frameworks.
- To facilitate appropriate compliance reporting through the governance structure, including working with the relevant Director and team to enable an appropriate degree of consistency in compliance reporting.
- Overseeing the local Compliance functions at the branches
- To ensure that the Function is appropriately resourced and directed such that it is effective in delivering appropriate advice, guidance and challenge to the business on risk and compliance matters.
- As MLRO, you will also provide support to the business by providing guidance, as appropriate.
- Working cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Collaborating with internal Compliance and Fraud staff to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements.
- Partnering with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of Compliance requirements.
- Promptly respond to any reasonable request for information from the regulator and/or law enforcement agencies.
- To be registered with the CSSF as CCO and MLRO based on an experience between 10 and 15 years preferably in an environment of a depositary bank for alternative and UCITS funds
- To be a trusted advisor to the business to help achieve good customer outcomes and positive regulatory relations.
- To maintain an independent mindset and effectively challenge where necessary to achieve a robust second line of defense.
- To provide leadership in relation to Compliance Monitoring Function.
- To advocate compliance, champion a positive compliance culture.
- Maintenance of the Firm’s risk management policies and risk profile in relation to money laundering and the financing of terrorism, including the application of those policies.
- Supervision of appropriate measures to ensure that MiFID as well as money laundering and the financing of terrorism risks are considered in the Firm’s day-to-day operations, including in relation to the development of new products; the taking-on of new customers, and changes in the Firm’s business profile.
- Building, and taking accountability for, the AML / CTF risk management program and the undertaking of regular AML / CTF risk assessments.
- Proactively identifying situations that may pose significant Compliance risk and guide management in the development / reviewing / updating of relevant policies, procedures, and business practices.
- Driving a Compliance review and analysis of new regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of developments impacting business activities.
- Participating and collaborating in Compliance advisory and integration projects as well as conducting Compliance assessments and define requirements as needed for the approval of business projects and initiatives such as new product development and changes to existing products.
- Preparing reports to Executive management and escalating any key or high-risk Compliance issues within the Firm’s existing governance structure.
- Oversee KYC/CDD and AML/CTF checks conducted by both outsourced and local compliance staff.
- Review potential/existing high-risk relationships and ensure the immediate investigation of all internal suspicious activity reports received.
- Ensure the submission of a SAR to the relevant law enforcement agency regarding all suspicions that have substance.
- Conduct the annual Compliance and Financial Crime Risk Assessment and advise actionable driving through actions from the analysis of results.
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Ability to work successfully both in a team as well as independently.
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Hands-on approach, positive mindset and continuous strive for new challenges.
- Ability to handle confidential aspects in a discrete and constructive manner.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to email@example.com.
For further information about us, please have a look at www.europeandepositarybank.com. Please also have a look at www.lri-invest.lu for further information about the other companies being part of this group here in Luxembourg.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is , subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR page.
Posting date: 17/11/2022
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.