Contract type: Permanent
Purpose of the role:
To support the recording internal and/or external reporting of the Company by assisting in the book-keeping and accounting work.
Under guidance, assist in the provision of business services in a professional manner and in accordance with policies and procedures, legal/regulatory requirements, service levels and company standards so as to meet with business expectations.
- Maintain financial records by analysing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile general bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaid; analysing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Follow policies and procedures and comply with local financial legal requirements.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Deal with various administrative matters and ad hoc projects
- Team performance & development: take ownership of own performance and for acquiring skills necessary to carry out the job
- Managing change: participate in change. Carry out any assigned tasks within the given timeframe
- Leadership: understand and contribute to achieving the vision set out by C&PCS leaders. Look for opportunities to lead within direct team. Work collaboratively within team and wider C&PCS
- Apex knowledge: develop an understanding of core C&PCS/Apex/Group business structures, processes, management and own discipline
- Technical knowledge: gain and apply technical knowledge relevant to job role
- Business knowledge: limited knowledge required of C&PCS propositions
- Chargeable hours (If applicable): ensure that all time charged is justified, accurate and is in line with internal policies/procedures
- Relationship management: effectively manage relationships with colleagues and, where required, clients.
- Sales (If applicable): pass on knowledge or ideas within the business
- Influencing: look for opportunities to influence and offer ideas
- Data integrity/reporting: ensure quality and accuracy of own data. Flag errors/omissions in colleagues’ work/client documents
- Mandatory training: complete mandatory training as per the training calendar
- Policies and procedures: read and understand the Apex policies and procedures required for the job and keep up to date with amendments
- Risk: ensure that any weaknesses/incidents identified in relation to service delivery/internal processes are reported to a manager and recorded
- Legal & regulatory: develop and maintain an understanding of any relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Verbal communication & presentation: structure and communicate ideas and information clearly and effectively, 1:1 and with colleagues
- Written communication: produce all written communication to a high standard of accuracy. For external clients, where required, uses approved procedures and complete in accordance with SLA's.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting/Business
- A very enthousiastic mindset
- Good knowledge of Excel (Overall understanding of the tool, Basic formulas, formatting standards)
- Willingness to learn and to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Analytical and rigorous approach, with good communication skills and the ability to develop relationships.
- Leadership & performance
- Results focused
- Innovation, change & continuous improvement
- Team working
- Technical awareness
- Regulatory awareness
- Commercial awareness
- Customer service
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting date: 23/09/22
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.