About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 4,000 staff across 45 offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast growing platform to allow you to thrive.
We are currently looking for a “Legal Officer – Assistant Vice President” to support our legal team in Luxembourg with good experience in investment funds law. A small team with a strong focus on quality, combined with strong human values. The well-being of our employees is a determining factor
If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role.
Role & Key Responsibilities:
- Assisting in creating, auditing and disposing all banking- and fund related contracts and service level agreements (AIFM, investment management company, prospectus review, depositary and paying agency agreement etc.))
- Providing legal advice and being involved in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating of various types of contracts and legal documents in a broad range of transactional and advisory work relating to banking, funds and capital market matters for Luxembourg as well as our branches
- Supporting team internally on legal questions
- Assisting in drafting and negotiating intra group agreements
- Supporting our branches as the Luxembourg head office
- Conducting legal research under Luxembourg law and staying up to date with regards to any legal developments in your field and Luxembourg laws
- Building up a repository together with the group member
- Assist in filing and storing of relevant documents and agreements
- Work with other departments of the firm on a daily basis.
- University degree in Law
- Practical experience in and good understanding of Luxembourgish law, particularly in investment funds, capital markets and finance/ banking law as well as corporate law, ideally acquired in a Luxembourgish law firm or a bank
- Good understanding of economic relationships and the processes of a bank
- Strong analytical and decision- making skills as well as a structured way of working
- First class drafting and negotiating skills
- Business awareness and the ability to provide practical advice and solutions to meet business needs
- Experience in project work
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible and highly accurate
- Fluent communication skills in English – both written and verbally, German and/or French advantageous
- A high level of visibility within a large organisation on an upwards trajectory
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, agile and global team
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, testimonials/reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to email@example.com.
For further information about us, please have a look at www.europeandepositarybank.com. Please also have a look at www.lri-invest.lu for further information about the other companies being part of this group here in Luxembourg.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
Posting Date 23/06/22
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.