Department: Corporate Services
Employment Type: Permanent
FundRock Management Company S.A. (“FRMC”) as part of Apex Group is a leading independent third-party Fund Management Company providing management company services to Luxembourg, Ireland and UK domiciled collective investment schemes in accordance with the respective regulations. FRMC provides substance through solid Risk management, Oversight, Compliance, as well as through the comprehensive Knowledge of its strong team. The company´s multinational team is well placed to support asset managers across borders with local market insight and global connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Senior Corporate Secretary to support our growing operations in the Corporate Services department. You will support the team in meeting its everyday corporate secretarial and governance requirements. This role requires you to maintain a strong relationship with all relevant stakeholders, internally and externally, including CRM team, Distribution, Central Admin, Depositary, Investment Management Oversight & Legal teams, together with our services providers to ensure we are providing service excellence to our clients.
Great opportunity to be part of a team which will allow you to grow and develop your career within an expanding European Management Company. The role will allow you to establish and develop solid working relationships with clients, and internal teams which you can leverage throughout your career.
The Senior Corporate Secretary has a key role in the development of governance within FundRock Management Company S.A. / FundRock Distribution S.A. (“FundRock”) and in helping to ensure that the corporate governance arrangements for both the funds (UCITS and AIFs managed by FundRock) and the management company are appropriate and in line with best practice. He/She ensures that FundRock’s legal obligations comply with the corporate legislation. He/She is responsible for the efficient administration of the company, i.e. statutory and regulatory requirements, and ensures that decisions of the Board of Directors and Management Committee are implemented.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist clients of FRMC, SICAV and FCP clients (UCITS and AIFs), to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide corporate secretary services for funds located in Luxembourg as an unbundled service offering (board meeting organization, drafting circular resolutions…).
- Ensuring the businesses within FRMC meet the legal and regulatory requirements relating to company secretariat obligations.
- Coordinating the preparation of the Board Meetings and other Statutory Meeting.
- Ensuring timetables are followed and that Board papers are prepared and issued.
- Ensuring that Board papers have received the necessary internal business sign-offs and that these are complete, accurate and of high enough standard to present to the Board.
- Request ISINs and/or LEIs for certain clients.
- Provide Corporate Secretary services to FRMC’s sister companies, FundRock Distributions, FundRock Partners Ltd, FundRock France AM.
- Providing accurate and timely information to other stakeholders in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Participate in certain projects which impact Luxembourg domiciled funds and companies.
- Ensure that adequate corporate governance frameworks are in place and adapted from time-to-time in line with regulatory change.
- Direct support provided to the FRMC Directors and Management Committee members acting as Non-Executives Directors or conducting officers for clients.
- Liaising with internal teams to be kept informed of new business developments; such as launch of new funds, fund closures, restructuring and prospectus, about new CSSF circulars...etc
- Attending to requests for notarization of documents.
- Responding to due diligence queries and information requests from internal teams.
- Safekeeping of legal documentation.
- Proven experience in providing company secretarial / corporate services in the funds services industry
- Strong organisation skills and an ability to prioritise
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing customer and stakeholder expectations
- You have the ability to communicate at all levels in- and outside the organisation and to build a strong relationship with clients and the members of the Senior Management team
- Strong risk & controls discipline
- Excellent computer skills, with a strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Outlook
- In depth knowledge/experience of requirements of corporate law and regulations
- Funds Product knowledge
- Ability to take minutes of meetings
- You have the ability to deliver within tight deadlines
- English &French and/or German;
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business;
- A friendly, co-operative and supportive environment;
- An opportunity to work with complete Funds’ structures and multiple forms of legal entities;
- Training and development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter, availability and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: email@example.com
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.