Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
The principal responsibility for job is the administration of a portfolio of custody clients within European Depositary Bank Dublin Branch.
European Depositary Bank Dublin Branch offers custodial services for a wide range of international clients investing in Hedge Funds/Mutual Funds, Bonds and Equities. Reporting to the custody manager, the custody associate is responsible for, overseeing the clients custody requirements, monitoring the day to day trading and cash movements. Ensuring timely delivery of client deliverables and reporting required by the relevant stakeholders. The custody associate provides support to a variety of services including proactive client response management, timely response to trade and cash queries, corporate actions, proxy and tax queries.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Ensure accuracy of automated client settlement instructions, investigating failing trades & contacting sub custodian where necessary.
- Monitor corporate events and ensure these are reflected across clients holdings.
- Monitor the clients custody trading, portfolio and cash management process.
- Act as first point of contact for Custody clients and escalate issues to the custody manager.
- Processing FOHF fund trade instructions through full trade lifecycle adhering to controls and procedures..
- Processing of Fund trades to reregister client assets in the name of new Custodian Entity
- Acknowledge trade instructions received by updating status on the trading platform.
- Input wire payment instructions on cash platform.
- Prepare all custody trades documentation (subscription form, AML Letter, Cover Letter) for review and approval by Custody Manager.
- Submitting of trades to fund administrator and following up on all outstanding items and documentation until trade confirmation notices received indicating all in good order;
- Meet all client trade and reporting deadlines.
- Monitoring of custody mailboxes and action any items/notices/requests received within the day;
- Co-ordinate new business take on for clients with Client Integration Manager, including client demos, new user set ups, cash and security account set ups.
- Follow up on outstanding NAV statements to ensure all reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure all static data and pricing updates are sent for processing in a timely manner
- Manage cash account reconciliations for custody clients.
- Manage position reconciliations for custody clients ensuring distributions and corporate actions are processed
- Ensuring that all custody files are scanned in document storage system and contain signed control checklists in accordance with the Fund of Fund Custody procedures
- Assisting senior management with ad-hoc business projects outside the day-to-day operations of the Team (as required).
- Static Data set up and maintenance
- Statement Input
- NAV Statement Reconciliation and Valuation Input
- Bank Reconciliations
- Daily Reporting
Qualifications and Experience requirements
- Educated to degree level in relevant field (or overseas equivalent)
- At least 2 years work experience in a FOF trade Execution/Transfer Agency role
- A good understanding of various fund structures, fund administration and custody
- Experience of payments/swift formatting is essential
- Experience and ability to produce accurate work while dealing with high volume of transactions within tight deadlines. Ability to work on own initiative is essential
- Good interpersonal skills to develop working relationships with colleagues, clients, other divisions/ offices of the bank and professional intermediaries
- Excellent organizational and communication Skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.