The System Administrator will report to Infrastructure manager on a functional basis, but support a number of Service Managers and Projects Managers in line with the demands of the business.
The System Administrator will be expected to remotely deliver services to customer locations where we are providing Service. This may require out of hours support when required. The role may also require flexibility to undertake International travel from time to time as part of the delivery of service. Apex uses a private cloud computing model with most IT services outsourced to a number of vendors.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintain ownership of the infrastructure design, and all supporting design documents;
- Provide Level 2 Troubleshooting on infrastructure issues reported from business users;
- Collaborates with service providers and external vendors on root cause analysis for problems related to technology and provide detailed diagnostic information when required;
- Communicate clearly to users the cause and resolution of IT issues in a timely and polite manner (All users will be in remote locations);
- Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to IT Manager in a timely manner;
- Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests;
- Assist with testing system releases, patches and disaster recovery;
- Ensure that all scheduled backup systems, archiving systems, web filtering software, Salesforce, anti-virus, FTP sites are all operating to specification;
- Provide technical input into vendors proposal, change requests, and incident management;
- Execute standard administration tasks such as reviewing system logs, monitor jobs and responding to system alerts;
- Support the business in the governance and management of vendors covering desktop, mobile, networking, and datacentre services with technical input;
- Administer the creation, modification, and deletion of users accounts, emails accounts, and security rights within active directory;
- Perform on-call duties as needed to support technology services to business.
Experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline;
- 3+ years experience as system administrator in a Windows based environment;
- Proven skills in Microsoft cloud technologies including Office 365, Azure, intune, AD connect, ADFS, skype for business, and other company systems;
- MCSE preferred (in Microsoft technologies listed) or at a minimum MCP certification in a number of Microsoft technology listed;
- Intune Administrator – proven ability to manage medium to large scale Intune environments. Manage Operations activity, including key operational documentation. Lead all projects associated with Intune Administration
- Manage application lifecycle on both mobile and end user compute devices;
- Good PowerShell scripting a requirement;
- Proven skills in networking to include DNS, LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless;
- Excellent problem solving abilities and good at working under own initiative;
- Ability to take ownership of a technical solution and work with a number of stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver a design and implementation approach;
- Excellent written and communication skills in English;
- Ability to articulate design topics, using tools such as Visio, Powerpoint, and any modelling tools utilising Archimate;
- Ability to be able to work well under pressure during disaster situations;
- Familiar with common technologies for backup, archiving, and system administration;
- Administration support skills in SharePoint, SQL Server would be an advantage;
- Familiar with Citrix desktop virtualisation technologies (Xenapp/Xendesktop);
- Certification in frameworks such as ITIL v3, ISO 27001 would be an advantage.
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business;
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly;
- Work for a fast developing and one of the world leading independent fund administrators;
- Opportunities for professional development;
- Competitive remuneration package including various benefits;
- Positive and hospitable work environment;
- Office location on communicative place at Sofia city center in modern office building.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependents, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: email@example.com
Life At Apex
"Working here I have the space to be creative, take ownership and develop continuously. It’s a great company with a purpose, which in turn enables its people to identify with the core values and mission."
Diane Mero, Office Manager, Dubai
What we look for
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. Every employee plays a part in making our business what it is today and the more we grow, the more important that becomes.
Whatever your career path, ambition or skillset you will be joining an entrepreneurial environment and become part of a globally connected team. We don’t just want you to succeed, we want you to flourish.