The ESG regulatory landscape is rapidly changing the way the financial industry operates.
Since March 10 2021, the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (“SFDR”) has set out the rules for financial market participants and financial advisers with regards to the integration of sustainability risks into their processes as well as the provision of sustainability-related information in ﬁnancial products.
The EU SFDR requires relevant firms to consider sustainability risks across various aspects of their operations including remuneration policies, risk policies, investment processes, product governance and wider internal systems. The EU Taxonomy regulation complements the SFDR by defining whether an economic activity constitutes an environmentally sustainable activity.
Invest Check helps you track performance and identify key gaps against an ESG data set based on all of the key regulations and industry standards such as the EU SFDR, ESG Data Convergence Project, TCFD, United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (“UNPRI”), and the EU Taxonomy
Invest Check’s online questionnaire is easy and intuitive, allowing you to save progress as you enter your key data and return at any point to update your information. We manage the process for you from end-to-end to make it fast, relevant and accurate – alleviating stress and allowing you to focus on what you do best.
Data collection, analysis and verification
- Data is assessed by an objective, rules-based scoring system, as defined by global ESG standards and regulations
- Invest Check provides you with a benchmark against your sector peers
- Quantifies alignment to regulations and standards with a rating out of 100
- Highlights key gaps
- Provides consolidated view of relevant ESG information
- Periodic reporting which allows for tracking ESG performance over time
- Ability to transfer ESG data seamlessly into SFDR templates to be displayed on your website and included in pre-contractual documentation
Improving performance over time
- Comprehensive ESG Gap Analysis
- Improve your company’s position to stay ahead of newly introduced legislation
- Easily process your UNPRI submission with minimal stress
- Identify, understand and act on key gaps in order for your company to work towards ESG best practice and improve your fund-raising efforts
- In New Zealand, from 2023 it will be mandatory for all banks, asset managers and insurance companies with AUM greater than NZ$1 billion to disclose climate risks using the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”) recommendations
Some of the relevant ESG regulations and frameworks to date:
- ESG Data Convergence Project
- EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (“SFDR”)
- EU Taxonomy
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”)
- UK Sustainability Disclosure Requirements (“SDR”)
- United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (“UNPRI”)