Undertakings Collective investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS) is a regulatory framework of the European Commission that creates a harmonised regime throughout Europe for the management and sale of mutual funds. UCITS funds can be registered in Europe and sold to investors worldwide using unified regulatory and investor protection requirements. UCITS fund providers who meet the standards are exempt from national regulation in individual European countries.
The first UCITS Directive was adopted on Dec. 20, 1985, with a stated aim of facilitating cross-border offerings of investment funds to retail investors. The subsequent reforms of the Directive (2001 and 2009) have built upon the high level of investor protection and prudential supervision ensured by the Directive. The latest UCITS Directive adopted – UCITS V or Directive 2014/91/EU, aligns fund depositaries’ duties and responsibilities, as well as fund managers’ remuneration requirements with those of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) and harmonises minimum administrative sanctions for infringements to UCIT rules, resulting in further protection to investors.
UCITS funds are perceived as safe and well regulated investments and are popular in Europe, South America, and Asia among investors who prefer not to invest in a single public limited company but rather among diversified unit trusts spread out within the European Union.
UCITS funds are a heavily regulated structure, with certain investment restrictions, transparency, liquidity and risk requirement. We provide full UCITS fund administration services using best-in-class technology and ensure that your fund is fully compliant with regulation. Our unique single-source solution includes middle office, corporate services, depositary, SuperManCo, regulatory reporting and compliance services enabling you to streamline your vendor relationships and keep all your providers under one roof.
- We provide daily, weekly or bi-weekly valuation, (minimum liquidity requirement of valuation every two weeks)
- Preparing financial statements and maintenance of trial balance and supporting documentation in accordance with relevant accounting standards
- Preparation of NAV package; including a detailed trial balance adjusted for accruals, balance sheet and statements of operations
- Transparency reporting through the production of KIID Factsheets
- Upfront & ongoing screening of investor and associated parties (UBO’s, Directors, trustees etc.)
- Dedicated retail investor TA system to deliver the highest quality service to our clients
- Full risk management solution including calculation of risk sensitives, risk reporting for complex investment instruments, exposure reporting by instrument type, geography, long and short positions and exposures by issuer, leverage reporting
- Corporate Secretarial Services
- Provision of registered office services including maintaining Company records, to include minute books, registers and seals; acting as processing agent to receive and distribute mail, agreements, service contracts etc